Follow by Email

Monday, 2 January 2017

AMA Cruise and Land Tour in Provence - December 6th/15....


I had a big breakfast from the hotel buffet, we checked out by 11 am, and went by bus to the airport.  Since I purchased the airline tickets from AMA Waterways, the airport transfer was included.


I flew on Delta Airlines for the return flight which departed at 1:30 pm from Barcelona.  It was about a nine hour flight to Atlanta, which arrived about 4:30 pm.  Since there was about a three hour stopover, I had dinner at the Atlanta airport.  The connecting flight departed from Atlanta at about 7:30, and arrived in Jacksonville at 10:30 pm; it was just under a three hour flight.  I arrived home somewhat after 11:30 pm.

 
I thought this was another excellent trip.  The hotels in Paris and Barcelona were very nice.  The ship, the AMADAGIO, was relatively new and comfortable; and the excursions and meals were excellent.    AMA Waterways offered a promotion of waiving the single supplement.  The tour guide and entire crew were attentive and efficient, and did an excellent job.


Except for the occasional presence of armed military troops in Paris, I do not think that this trip was adversely impacted by the terrorists’ massacres in Paris in November, 2015.


We hope that you have enjoyed this blog - next blog, my trip to New York city.




Photos belong to Phil Bianco


No comments:

Post a Comment