Follow by Email

Thursday, 31 March 2016

Cruise and Land Tour in Portugal - July 12th/15....

 
 Still in Lisbon, I had the usual breakfast buffet, excluding hot items, at the Turim Hotel.


I was on my own again, and decided to take in another major museum in Lisbon - the National Museum of Ancient Art.  The MNAA has the largest collection of paintings in Portugal and is particularly strong on early religious works by Portuguese artists. 


I took a taxi from the hotel to MNAA - the fare was €8 each way.  The seniors' entrance to the Museum was €3.  I spent about five hours at the Museum. 


Although the Museum is somewhat heavy on religion, there are many significant and important art works which are worth seeing.   Again, I skipped lunch today.


For dinner, I ate again at the hotel.  There were breadsticks with a creamy garlic cheese dip, a cream of vegetable soup and a large salad with shredded chicken, various types of lettuces, carrots, red cabbage, olives and tomatoes, and I had a coke.

 
 
 
Photos belong to Phil Bianco  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment