Follow by Email

Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Cruise and Land Tour in Portugal - July 11th/15....


In Lisbon, at the Turim hotel, I had the usual buffet breakfast.

Since this was a post-extension day, I was on my own for the entire day and I slept later than usual.  About 9:30, I began walking to the Museum Calouste Gulbenkian which opens at 10 - it was about a half hour walk.  The Museum is located within the pleasant setting of a large park.

 

I spent about five hours at the Museum, and probably could have stayed another hour or so.  It is a huge, impressive collection which is well worth seeing.

 
This Museum ranks with the Museum of Art (tomorrow’s visit) as the finest in Lisbon.  The exhibits, which span over 4000 years from ancient Egyptian statuettes, through Oriental and Islamic art, to European paintings and furniture to Art Nouveau brooches, are displayed in spacious and well-lit galleries.  



The admission fee for seniors was €2.50 and today, I skipped lunch.


For dinner, I ate at the Hotel Turim.  I had a thin crust pizza which was larger than most individual-sized pizzas that I have had previously.  The toppings were Bolognese spicy beef, pepperoni, peppers, onions, and olives - it was very good.  I also had a few local beers, called Sagres, which I liked.
 


Photos belong to Phil Bianco

No comments:

Post a Comment