Follow by Email

Sunday, 31 January 2016

Jaro and his bike are now in Chile (late January/16).....


I just did the extra 2 km to the nice lookout near Huiro.  There is a fabulous nature appreciation trial, all made out of elevated wooden walkways.  Quite a maze of them, actually – impressive, and with numerous info-interpretation stands along the way.   

This is really cool - a display for blind people, complete with Braille info tags.  It shows how different kinds of trees can be identified by the texture of their bark. 
Pure serendipity that I found this walkway - it was totally deserted when I arrived.   Only later did a bus with school kids show up.


Although I did not get a chance to take a photo, I spotted a Patagonian fox on today's ride.  Beautiful animal, with a very distinctive bushy tail - fairly large too.  It is the first time I have seen any wildlife here, other than birds and sea lions.


Wikipedia link
Heading back to Corral, to catch the 3 PM ferry....

All in all, a great day out in the sun on the bike.



Photos belong to Jaro Franta.

No comments:

Post a Comment