Follow by Email

Sunday, 29 November 2015

Jaro and his bike are now in Chile....

 
Got myself one of those 2L cartons of white wine.  My, is it ever good!  The box says "Santa Rita".   I do all my shopping on foot, so the carton format makes a lot more sense for me than heavy glass bottles.

 
In Montreal, you can buy 4L cartons of wine in a supermarket for around $40 (so $20 for 2L or  about four times as expensive).  Looking at one of my grocery bills, the price for the 2L box was CLP 2790, minus a discount of CLP 300 - so CLP 2490.  This is about $5 Canadian.   
 
 
With all that wine production, I figured that Chile MUST be making brandy as well -
Bingo!
 
 
Each afternoon from the balcony....
 
 
Racing row boats are common here  -  see them every day, almost all day - from early morning to dusk.  Everything from single sculls to  eight man boats.
 
 
 
 
Photos belong to Jaro Franta.

No comments:

Post a Comment