Follow by Email

Sunday, 19 April 2015

Jaro and his bike are now in New Zealand.....


On April 16th, flew right from Whangarei to Montreal.  These are some pictures I took in Auckland in October. 


The ticket was C$1,436 and does not include the charge for the bike, which I will have to pay at the airport.  The bike was NZ$200 - Ouch!
Sponsored by a local beer company....
 
Going through LA again, unfortunately.  Air NZ have flights to Vancouver, but NO economy class tickets.


Sea Shepard

 I did not get a good deal because the plane was just about full.  But at least I got a little lucky - the seat next to me was empty on the AKL-LAX flight.  I paid $50 extra for the seat in the last row on the plane, which has just two seats.  I asked for the isle seat, but since the other person did not show up, I had very good access to the window, and was able to take some nice photos.


 
Loading in Whangarei....

Auckland
 
 
We hope that you have enjoyed this blog.  Follow us in mid-November, 2015, for next winter's voyage. 
 
 
Photos belong to Jaro Franta.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment