Follow by Email

Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Memories of Mandalay cruise....



It is hard to do justice to just how magnificent, amazing, and beautiful the Grand Palace in Bangkok is.  Of all the man-made sites that I have seen in the world, I think I have to rate the Grand Palace as the most beautiful site.


The Grand Palace has so many positive and inviting qualities, and entering it is like discovering the Shangri-La in Hinton’s novel The Lost Horizon.
 

When I get a chance, I intend to try and find a large (coffee-table type) book with numerous photos of the Grand Palace.



My only criticism of Viking’s tour was that we should have spent more time there, especially going into some of the buildings.

 
The Royal Palace was the only site that we visited today.  This was the first full day for those who did not take the pre-extension, and some people were still recovering from jetlag.

 

Photos belong to Phil Bianco.

No comments:

Post a Comment