Follow by Email

Sunday, 7 December 2014

Jaro and his bike are now in New Zealand.....

Nissan Travella

My apartment is in Raumanga, on the south-west side of Whangarei.  It is the whole top floor plus a storage room on the lower floor.  It has three bedrooms, but of course, I only use one of them.  There are four smaller apartments on the ground floor below mine.

 
It is unfurnished, except for an old table and a couple of chairs.  I bought my sleeping bag and inflatable mattress.

I only had the car from the 23rd to 27th.  It was supposed to be returned by 10am on the 28th, but that didn't seem practical to me, so I returned it a day early at around noon.  The car was $17/day, but  with the insurance, it came to almost double that ("Better safe than sorry").   Driving was okay, especially away from the heavy traffic in Auckland.


The bus ride back from Aukland was quite nice - the bus takes little detours off the main highway into nearby towns. It was about two and a half hours, as I recall.


The apartment is NZ$275/wk, which comes to about Can$243/wk.  Looking at local newspaper ads and articles about real estate prices, I believe that I am getting a reasonable deal - at or slightly below average prices in the region for this sized apartment (the other one offered was too small - just a "bedsit").


Photos belong to Jaro Franta.

No comments:

Post a Comment