Follow by Email

Sunday, 5 January 2014

Our third stop was Puntarenas, Costa Rica.......


There were lots of souvenir stalls along the beach - I bought a puzzle box, a bug in a box, and a hand knit purse with a doll - everything under $10. 


Besides the souvenir stalls, there was a couple of open air restaurants, but I did not see any cruisers eating.  There was also a small grocery store.


The beach was full of garbage - hard to believe that when a cruise ship comes in, the beach is not cleaned up.   Also, the beach area was very stinky.......


I wanted to walk downtown, but two police officers told me that everything for tourists was here at the beach - they said to watch your backpack and camera going downtown - so I stayed at the beach for about an hour but again, once you have bought a few souvenirs, then you might as well go back to the ship.


 A taxi driver offered to take me about for $80, but it was too hot.


A long walk off the ship - there was a little train afterwards to take us up and down.

 
 
 
 Photos belong to Dorothy Lloyd.


No comments:

Post a Comment