Follow by Email

Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Jaro's ride on Jesmond Dene road .....



There are a few bike paths, but they will not get you far.   However, most roads have a designated bike lane, which is sort of like a bike path.


This is the road from Del Mar to Torrey Pines....

Del Mar horse racing track, right next to Solana.
 

Just a quick stop on the bridge to take a photo.


This is the old dam at Lake Hodges.  The water here is good - no problem.  I usually take one bottle, and sometimes on a longer ride,  I stop at one of the public parks to re-fill......


Jesmond Dene road - one of my favorites!  Hardly any traffic on it because there is a highway close by, that all the cars take.  An example of a small road that does not really have a bike lane.  
 
Got a little reminder on today's ride to-and-from Oceanside as to why I do not have a bell on my bike:   I probably spent about half the time elbow-steering (for lack of a better word - since I do not have TT bars).  It seems unlikely that in that position, I could reach quickly enough for a bell - my main concern is being able to reach for the breaks in an emergency.

Photos belong to Jaro Franta.

No comments:

Post a Comment