Follow by Email

Sunday, 7 April 2013

My 34 day first cruise is over.......


After the 6 sea days, we docked in San Diego.  We docked at 7 in the morning, had breakfast, and were off the ship in about 4 hours. 
 
After I was home, my son asked me what they had done for my birthday.  I guess they had phoned Holland America and booked something.  But nothing had happened, except the whole lounge sang me Happy Birthday, and the dining room served us cake.  They e-mailed Holland America, and this is their reply.....
 
 
"We are very sorry that your client was disappointed with the lack of acknowledgement of her birthday. We hope her celebration was otherwise enjoyable, despite the lack of recognition by onboard staff. Our records indicate that her booking was indeed noted for this special occasion. We are honored that she chose to celebrate this milestone on a Holland America Line cruise, and we truly regret that we let her down.
 
Although we cannot atone for her disappointment, we would like to offer her, as a token of our apologies for this oversight, The Art of Cruising: Fine Art and Antiques of Holland America Line. This beautiful 176-page full-color hardcover coffee table book brings a new perspective to the art collection aboard the ships of Holland America Line, and we sincerely hope she will enjoy it as a very special gift.  
 
 
As a gesture of goodwill, we would also like to extend to your client VIP status on a future sailing with Holland America Line. Please be aware that VIP status includes a bouquet of flowers in the stateroom, a bottle of sparkling wine (non-alcoholic also available), and an invitation to the Officers’ cocktail party. 
 
 
Besides the book, they also sent me a postcard collection and some luggage tags.  And I think that VIP status means that you don't have to wait in line to board the ship.  The next cruise that I am going to take is from Boston to Quebec City, and, of course, I will be celebrating my birthday on the ship. 
 
I hope that you have all enjoyed this blog.  
 

 
Photos belong to Phil Bianco, Norm Burgoyne and Dorothy Lloyd.




No comments:

Post a Comment