Follow by Email

Sunday, 3 February 2013

Our seventh stop was the island of Raiatea....

 
The ship docked right up to the town of Uturoa, Raiatea.


There was a restaurant right besides the ship, with a couple of chickens and a rooster....


I had lunch here - french fries $5 and a can of coke $7.   I could have had a local beer for $5.


Downtown was right there.  I looked for somewhere to hook up my computer, but the clerks said the post office had wifi, but it was closed today.  I mailed some postcards home - high postal box.


There are government buildings if you walk about three blocks.  Very nice gardens and buildings.  Keep on walking and you will find a gate that is open, even though today was Saturday.


They had a farmers market set up for us, with free pineapple, coconuts, music and hula dancers.
Lots of jewelry here - a seashell necklace was about $70.

 
It was very hot, but I quite enjoyed this island.
 
 
Photos belong to Dorothy Lloyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment