Follow by Email

Sunday, 13 January 2013

Our fifth stop was Hilo, Hawaii.....


On Friday, we docked at the town of Hilo, from the big island of Hawaii.  When you left the ship, there was a bus to take us downtown.  But the bus had already gone, and there were lots of people waiting.  I jumped in with another couple, and took a cab back and forth - $5 each way.

 
I walked up to McDonalds to use the computer.  Then I walked down to their farmers market.  Due to the over 125 inches of rainfall annually, lots of flowers, and you could take a bouquet back to the ship.

 

I bought some lemon butter - $6 for a small jar.  At home, I put it in pastry shells - very good.

Then went shopping, bought some postcards, and went to the Post Office.  I had lunch at McDonalds, walked back downtown, and then caught a cab with another couple back to the ship.
 
 
The town had lots of old buildings.

 
If I come again to Hilo, I might check out the bus schedule, and take a bus trip around the island.
 


 
 Photos belong to Dorothy Lloyd.


No comments:

Post a Comment