Follow by Email

Wednesday, 19 December 2012

Jaro and the Dodo bird........

 
 
The local brew is quite good, and I am well stocked now.



 
Rode to the high-altitude town of Cilaos.... and the BEST wall poster I've seen so far!

Here in Reunion, I don't have a whole suite to myself - just a bedroom. The rest is shared with an older couple and a 17-year old university student, whom also have bedrooms on the floor.
I am paying 320 euros a month - roughly what you might pay for a single night at a good Paris hotel.

In Mauritius, I will have a private suite, but a bit more expensive, of course.


                                                     Unwelcome guest in the house!


We share the kitchen.  It is not as bad as you might think, because local folks like to have supper very late - like 8:30 to 9:00 - whereas I prefer earlier, so that I can get a good rest after the bike ride and also the long walk (1hr) back from the Mediatheque where I get my WiFi connection (also usually stop along the way for a bit of grocery shopping).  The kitchen is quite well equipped, except for the toaster, which I had to buy - people here generally don't eat toasted bread, just baguettes.



The newest resident of the house...


Photos belong to Jaro Franta.

No comments:

Post a Comment