Follow by Email

Thursday, 15 March 2012

Jaro met an Australian cyclist......


 

The finest Aussie on two wheels - a team member with Appleby Cycles in Hobart.

This was a chap whom I met today, while cycling the loop from Hobart to Longley, Sandfly, Margate, Blackmans Bay, Kingston Beach, Taroona, and return by way of Sandy Bay. 

Salamanca bike stands in Hobart.
 
The route was going to be about 50K, according to a suggestion I found on a web site last year.
But this friendly fellow showed me some nice scenic routes, that added another 10 or 15 K.
 

Kingston Beach....


After riding and chatting for about 20K, we stopped by his house, where I met his wife and two kids.  I mentioned that I was looking for souvenir cycling jerseys, so he decided to give me his team jersey from last year, which was too big for him - fits me well enough! 

The jersey is a wonderful gift.  It features a map of Tasmania on the back, plus of course Appleby Cycles and I guess their mainstay product line, Specialized, (love their shoes, with Boa ratchet lacing system!).  Having visited a few bike boutiques in Tassie, I certainly noticed the high price of cycling accessories here - that jersey would be worth over a $100 new!  My souvenir shopping is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment