Follow by Email

Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Meet a Canadian in Tasmania now…..


After I started my blog, Discover Tasmania facebook picked it up for a few days to show the Australians.
A Canadian, Jaro Franta, contacted me.  He came from Montreal to Devonport, Tasmania, and arrived here about the middle of December.  I asked him why he picked Tasmania, and here is his response.

Several reasons I picked Tas: all of them have to do with bicycling :)
However, it only became feasible this year, because of my early retirement, last September... I feel it only makes sense to go this far (and this many $$ for the flight) if it's for an extended period - rather than the usual 3wk vacations one gets when employed. The extended stay also allowed me to rent an inexpensive studio apartment, which costs a small fraction of a hotel room (...plus I can do my own cooking, to avoid restaurant bills)
Also, I have had some good information from friends who visited, as well as acquaintances on the GardenWeb forum, to which I subscribe (I'm an avid collector & gardener of dwarf conifers, as you may have noticed in some of my FB photo albums....)



 
My next blog, Jaro's comments about bicycling. 

All photos belong to Jaro Franta. 

No comments:

Post a Comment