Follow by Email

Tuesday, 13 December 2011

There are many interesting walks in Hobart...

 
When I walked downtown, I would cut through St. David's Park.  I would cross Sandy Bay Road at the lights, go by this office building, and into the Park. 



It was about a 30 minute walk downtown.  Usually I stopped at the gym, which was just before the park. 

 
 
Lots of statues...


On a hot day, walking home, I was always glad to come to the park because of the shade trees.  So even though it only takes about 10 minutes to walk through, you have a beautiful setting with a touch of history. 

On another path in the park, Hobart has put up these old headstones - very interesting.


The first white, male child born in Tasmania.

 
 
Photos belong to Dorothy Lloyd.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment