Follow by Email

Sunday, 25 December 2011

On Christmas Day in Hobart...

 
On Christmas Day, I took the bus out to the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens – and was most impressed.  The Gardens are laid out in a stately, English fashion.  The displays are incredible, the views are breath taking, and the Garden was free.
 


The Gardens had a restaurant, but a bit expensive, so when I went after that, I would either buy lunch in town or take something from home.   You might as well eat outside in Hobart’s most beautiful spot. 

I noticed that on Christmas Day, there were lots of picnics.

When I was ready to go, I met a young Korean, and she was walking back to town.  So we walked back together - she was staying at one of the hostels.  This was about a 25 minute walk back to downtown, and then I took the bus to Sandy Bay. 


For the next blog, I am putting up pictures from the Gardens.   You too will be most impressed.

 



Photos belong to Jaro Franta and Dorothy Lloyd.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment