Follow by Email

Saturday, 26 November 2011

The Hobart suite was set in a large, park-like setting...


This is the roof of my suite with the landlady's house behind it.


And this is her house taken from across the street.  There was a hedge around, two large parking gates, and an entrance gate.

The house was over 100 years old and needed repairs - the stone mason was working there in March - but it was full of antiques and I thought it was beautiful. 


The landlady, her son, and a dog and a cat lived there.  During the week, she would make up jam, and then sell them on Saturday at Salamanca Market .


So on the hot afternoons, and because there is a tin roof on the suite, I would open my door and this is what I would see ....


And the flowers were already blooming when I got there..



Photos belong to Dorothy Lloyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment